Slideshow

About Me

My photo
An 8th grade English teacher for the past 16 years, my interest in photography began in my early teens. An avid Fuji Velvia shooter for years, I finally purchased my first digital camera, a Canon 20D, in January of 2005. I started my photography business on the side in 2004, and it has grown into a second career. I love how my teaching profession and photography business work so seamlessly together. Today, I find myself shooting in excess of 100,000 images a year, including wedding imagery, senior and family portrait work, sports team and action shots, and my true passion, landscape and wildife. I'm actually doing what I always dreamed and I feel totally blessed.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cas & Annie ~ Sheridan Wyoming Wedding Photography

Cas and Annie were married June 18th at the Polo field near Bighorn, Wyoming.  The day was special on a couple fronts.  First, it happened to be my own anniversary as my wife and I celebrated 17 wonderful years (I did make arrangements beforehand:)).  Secondly, I had previously known Annie as a student in my 8th grade English classroom nearly a decade earlier.  My how time flies.  I love being able to share wedding days with former students, celebrating their successes in life.

The weather cooperated perfectly as a high and hazy overcast set in right about photo time, yieldling wonderfully lit images with no harsh shadows or squinty eyes.  I was elated.  Again, I'm giving a big shout out to my new assistant Ashlyn, as she again did wonderful work.  She reminds me of the child who sits down at the piano for the first time and already knows how to play.  She is indeed a natural! 

Here are a sampling of their images.





















1 comment: