Slideshow

About Me

My photo
An 8th grade English teacher for the past 16 years, my interest in photography began in my early teens. An avid Fuji Velvia shooter for years, I finally purchased my first digital camera, a Canon 20D, in January of 2005. I started my photography business on the side in 2004, and it has grown into a second career. I love how my teaching profession and photography business work so seamlessly together. Today, I find myself shooting in excess of 100,000 images a year, including wedding imagery, senior and family portrait work, sports team and action shots, and my true passion, landscape and wildife. I'm actually doing what I always dreamed and I feel totally blessed.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Peter and Maggie ~ Sheridan, Wyoming Wedding photography

I took Peter & Maggie's engagement photos last fall on the Widener ranch here in Sheridan County.  At that time it was fun to get to know both Peter and his mother, Lucy.  I knew Maggie previously as I have taught English with her mother for 12 years at Sheridan Junior High.  I'll admit that I felt a touch of pressure with this wedding.  Not only are both families well known and the attendance would be huge, I also didn't want to disappoint my friends. 

As it was, I showed up for the rehearsal Friday evening, and by the time I left the reception at 11:15 Saturday evening, I had recorded 3383 images of an incredible celebration of their love.

I am so grateful the weather cooperated.  In fact, it threw a curve ball that turned amazing.  Contrary to the forecast, much of the day featured heavy overcast.  I love clouds for natural diffused light, but it looked like it might even be gloomy.  As it was, God parted the clouds just in time for the images to begin, and for the duration of the pre- through post ceremony images, the light was perfect.  I would describe the lighting for the final formal images as truly magical. 

Rather than describe them to you, let me just share some of their images instead so you can see for yourself.












Sisters!





 Proud Mother!
Proud Papa!






















 







 



4 comments:

  1. Very nice work. They are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, the photographs are so beautiful, and I will relive that day every time I look at them. You are an amazing photographer, co-worker, and most of all, friend. Thank you for everything.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Isaac would say, "I'm aghast!!" :) These are truly stunning... You captured treasured moments for all of them, not only gorgeous ones of Peter and Maggie - love the silhouette, but that photo of Jim and Kim makes me teary. Great work on such a beautiful day! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are gorgeous! You captured such happiness and special moments for everyone, from the couple to the families. Beautiful work, and rich color! Thank you for sharing with us! Kati Hime, Wyoming Weddings Editor

    ReplyDelete